Travel Award Application
Please click here for the travel award application form.
We are pleased to announce the availability of travel awards for the Sixth International Marine Debris Conference (6IMDC). Eligibility criteria and application procedures are provided below.
Value of Award
- A maximum of $ 4,000.
- Award may cover airfare, hotel, transportation between hotel and airport (to and from), and/or per diem rate minus the meals provided by the conference (included in the registration fee). Award may cover full or partial registration fee. [NOTE – Rental cars will not be covered under travel awards.]
- Side Events and field trip charges will NOT be covered by travel awards. Registration and VISA application is the responsibility of the applicant. Please note that registration is limited to 600 participants. We encourage you to register as early as possible. Please click here to learn more on registration information.
- Partial travel awards may be given to increase the number of people who can participate.
- Travel award applicants must attend the entire conference.
- Successful applicants must be registered to attend the conference within two days upon receipt of notification.
- Demonstrating a willingness to make the conference successful through submission of a poster or presentation abstract or holding a workshop.
- Organization endorsement letter in support of attendance and participation (encouraged but not required).
- History in addressing marine debris.
- Desire to attend and ability to incorporate the information learned in future work.
- Membership or expression of interest of your organization in the global partnership on marine litter (GPML).
Travel and funding details
- Travel to and from the hotel will be a maximum of $40 return on the hotel shuttle service when flying into San Diego. Transportation in your home-country will reimbursed up to $60 (one-way receipt should be submitted in San Diego).
- The Hilton Mission Bay hotel is a set cost of $209/night. Though attendees are not required to stay at the conference hotel, per diem will not exceed $209/night should the attendee stay elsewhere in San Diego, CA.
Other post-conference information may be requested, on a case-by-case basis. This could include:
- A one-page summary of how conference outcomes will be implemented in their region.
- Details on new research paths and contacts identified are to be pursued.
- Information on how existing marine debris activities within the attendees’ organization will be expanded.
All travel award application submissions should contain an application and organization endorsement letter. Please submit applications via email to: info@6IMDC.org
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any problems or questions regarding the travel award application. Please include “6IMDC – TRAVEL AWARD APPLICATION" in the email subject line.