Media registration for the 6IMDC will be free of charge and does NOT provide access to food, conference gift bags, or any other conference activities/amenities included with participant registration.
To register, please email Robin Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org) using the subject line “6IMDC Media Registration.” Please note that a press pass or letter establishing current accreditation will be required to complete registration.
Media registration will also be open during the open registration periods for conference participants. Media can also email in order to register throughout the week.
For questions concerning registration and other media topics, please contact:
Robin Garcia, 6IMDC Media Coordinator
How can the 6IMDC serve you as a journalist?
- - Keeping you updated on 6IMDC media advisories and news updates.
- - Providing resources, such as photos and videos.
- - Facilitating connections with experts from NOAA, UN Environment, and 6IMDC conference participants.
Expectations for media at the 6IMDC:
- - Wear your media badge and identify yourself as media personnel at all presentations or when speaking to any group or individual.
- - Obtain permission for filming or recording ANY activity or interview at the event.
- - Respect a presenter’s or meeting participant’s choice to talk with you or to decline.
- - Understand that the free media registration provides structured media access to specified conference activities.
The media room is located in the Portofino Room at the Hilton Mission Bay and is for registered media only. It is equipped with wi-fi and provides for a workspace to produce your stories.
Hours will be:
Monday, March 12: 7:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday, March 13: 7:30am - 5:00pm
Wednesday, March 14: 8:30am - 3:30pm
Thursday, March 15: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Friday, March 16: 8:30am - 12:00pm
The 6IMDC Media Team will be available in this room or by cell phone. Contact information will be provided on-site.